- Plane movies: Adventureland (boy meets girl with issues, they have a misunderstanding and end up together in the rain. A bit like The Graduate replacing the older woman with an older man and set at a theme park), In the Loop (Billy Connolly is no longer the funniest swearing scotsman), Fast & Furious (a car movie that kept on stalling; bit like Paul Walker and Vin Diesel's careers), Star Trek (just as good the second time even though it was on a small scene and I was eating reheated roast lamb with plastic cutlery).
- First restroom I used in America had a Dyson airblade. Good start to the trip.
- Loo seats are bigger here: feels like you're squatting over a swimming pool.
- Chose where to eat the first night based on the photos of Bill Clinton and Deepak Chopra in the window.
- Taken on a winery tour by the awesome Jessica and Garyn. Lots of grape varieties that we hadn't tried before but it seems wine lushes are universal.
- Remind me to tell you about my
- Robyn is a magnet for winery dogs.
- The chocolate bars you've seen on American sitcoms are just chocolate bars and no better than the ones back home but I now know what a 3 Musketeers tastes like.
Next time - Fisherman's wharf, Alcatraz and trying to find a resturant that doesn't serve broiled steak
Good to know that you arrived safely and still have a sense of humour (or should that be humor - the American way??)
I am in the throes of watching the P.T. Anderson movie 'There will be blood' in installments as I find a half hour for it here and there. One of my students is crazy about him and I thought I ought to give him a chance after Magnolias, which I really disliked, despite the poster on your wall. And I am actually enjoying it.
Hope you try some chowder in a sourdough bread bowl on Fisherman's Wharf!!!
Post a Comment